OSP stands for Other Service Providers referring to the service provided in the Telecommunication Industry which uses telecom resources. It involves BPO/call centers, e-commerce, telebanking, telemedicine,-education, and other IT-enabled services. The Department of Telecommunication under the New Telecom Policy (NTP) 1999 made it compulsory for OSPs to use telecom resources to obtain Licenses.
Therefore, it is mandatory for service providers in India to provide services like telemedicine, Tele-education, Telebanking, Tele-training, call center, E-commerce, network operation center, other IT Enabled Services, and is using telecom resources.
Types Of OSP License
- Domestic DOT OSP License – Domestic OSP license is required if the calling is only within India. International calling is not allowed with this type of registration.
- International DOT License – International DOT license is required if the calling is only outside India. Domestic calling is not allowed in this type of registration
- Domestic and International registration – This type of license enables you to call both in India and outside India as well. A combined license requires that the center should be at least 50 seats and the bank guarantee of Rs 50 lakh is to be furnished to the government.
Why should You Choose Settle My Tax for Your Assistance With The OSP DOT License?
- We are locally present in Mumbai, Pune, Bangalore, Hyderabad, and Delhi, Vadodara
- We have assisted companies like Bajaj Finance, Tata Steel, Paytm with OSP license.
- Our team consists of ex-officials of the DOT department who have experience of more than 25 years in the department of telecom.
- We provide consultancy in every step i.e. right from guidance on network diagram to preparation of documents
What Is The Difference Between DOT And OSP Licenses?
- OSP and DOT licenses are the same. The DOT is the department of telecom that issued the OSP (another service provider) license.
- What is the cost to register for a DOT (department of telecom) license?
- How many days does it take to get the License?
- The License can be obtained in 20 working days from the date of receipt of all the documents. The license is valid for 20 years.
OSP License Registration
Any Company providing ‘Applications Services’ i.e. providing services like Telebanking, Telemedicine, Tele-education, Tele-trading, E-commerce, call center, network operation center, and other IT Enabled Services, by using Telecom Resources provided by Authorized Telecom Service Providers shall obtain this license with help of Settle My Tax.
The concerned authority for obtaining OSP license is Telecom Enforcement, Resource and Monitoring (TERM) Cells under the Department of Telecommunications.
The Requirement For OSP License
The entities entitled for OSP registration must be a company registered under the Companies Act, 2013/1956.
Documents Required for OSP License Registration
- Certificate of Incorporation issued by the registrar of Company.
- MOA and AOA.
- Board Resolution or POA authorizing the Authorized Signatory.
- A note on the nature of Business.
- List of the Directors of the Company
- List of the Shareholders of the Company.
Validity And Compliances of OSP Registration
The validity of the license is for 20 years and after obtaining this license entities registered under OSP’s shall submit Annual Return within 6 months from the closure of the financial year.
Procedure For Obtaining OSP license
- A) The application can be filled online on the website of the Department of Telecommunications.
- B) Submission of the Documents to the Concerned Authority.
Advantages Of OSP License
After taking the OSP license there will be no legal hurdle as this is the only legal license required to run BPO’s/ Call Center’s or providing all the applications services mentioned formerly.